Monday, August 25, 2008

Young Love

Oh, I don't even know where to start. Sam's girlfriend broke up with him. Yeah, his girlfriend. A couple of days ago I picked Sam up from school and Kathy, a little girl in his class, told him goodbye and ran off. Then he told me she was his girlfriend. I didn't know if he meant girlfriend girlfriend or a friend that is a girl although he has lots of friends that are girls and doesn't call them girlfriends. Anyway, the next day he said they were in love. Then today he told me they broke up. I asked him if he was okay or if he was sad and he said a little sad but he doesn't seem all that broken up about it. He said they were still friends which is good. I told him no more girlfriends until he's 16. I didn't realize that I'd have to talk to my 5 year old about dating. I figured I could wait until, like, 4th grade or something. Jeff and I had no idea what to say when he said he had a girlfriend. So, I guess I'm relieved that they broke up (hilarious) so I could tell him some of the rules of dating...ie, No Dating! Luckily his first heartbreak hasn't seemed to rough. He's playing puzzle challenge with Eleanor right now.

1 comment:

MaryAnn said...

That is completely hilarious! I'm glad he's making it through his first break up okay. I guess they are going to have to start teaching dating rules in Sunbeams!