Friday, August 22, 2008

A little about Sam

Well, school has been in session for 9 days now and I think a little of the glamour has worn off. Sam loves school and he's doing great, but he no longer pops out of bed and into his clothes. Yesterday I had to tell him to get his pants on 9 times. His reply? "Oh, I forgot." He found a different toy to play with in between each article of clothing. Then he still had to eat breakfast. All of you with kids know what I'm talking about.

Sam received a compliment from his teacher the other day. She said everyone likes him and he's the best behaved and most academically advanced kid in the class. We're very proud of him. I was pleased by this comment because I felt like he was ready for school but now it's been confirmed by his teacher. Lest you think he's too perfect he does hold his pencil wrong.

Here's a funny story about Sam being naughty. First of all he loves Indiana Jones. He sings the theme music all the time. He even chooses it for his family home evening song. Anyway, he was in trouble for not helping and was supposed to be in his room. He came downstairs and stood at the bottom of the stairs so I asked him if he was ready to help. He said no so I told him to go back to his room. He said no to that too. So, I counted to five and when I stood up to get him he shot up the stairs singing, "dun da dun dun, dun da dah, dun da dun dun..." (Indiana Jones theme music) and raced to his room. It was hilarious. I guess he needed a little excitement in his life.

5 comments:

John said...

I think all of the tasks I do would be so much better with theme music. I need Sam to follow me around. I like the pictures of Sam in the bowtie on the side bar.

Gillian said...

Hilarious story! My kids love Indiana Jones, too, and often dress up and run around the house acting it out. Who knew it would make such a big come back? :)

MaryAnn said...

Sam would probably be the most academically advanced in the class even if he was in first grade. I can't believe how well he can already read!

Amanda said...

You mean getting kids dressed continues to be an issue even when they go to school?! Loved the funny story.

Janis said...

Wow, that's the ultimate compliment a teacher could give to a student! From a proud Grandma!!