Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Peter only woke up once last night.

Peter was born on July 23rd. I remember that when Eleanor was born it took about four months for things to even out. That's when I finally decided I did like having two children. So, I figured it would be about the same for Peter. I thought things ought to be back to normal by about Christmas. It has actually taken about five months this time. Maybe that is because of Christmas and all of the holiday craziness, but I am just now starting to get my life back together. All of the dishes from Thanksgiving have finally been done. There are still piles of laundry all over the house but it is all clean laundry. I hope I'm not saying any of this too early but, I'm finally starting to feel like I'm not going crazy any second. So here it is January 8th and I'm blogging instead of doing chores but everyone is dressed and we've had both breakfast and lunch and the baby is down for a nap and I already folded some clothes and ran some errands. Whew. I think I can do this.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I just discovered that you had a blog. I think you mentioned it before but hadn't posted anything. Don't stress about it but post stuff when you can. It's fun to hear about your family. Enjoy your last few months before we arrive... :)

Gillian said...

It's nice to see you posting again! We've missed you! :)

Glad to hear Peter is sleeping longer at night. That's always such a relief! You can be such a better parent when you get your rest.

BTW, got your Christmas card and your kids are adorable! Thanks for remembering us! :)

Amanda said...

This is great! My first 3 months with Amelia were the easiest - now I'm going crazy and I don't think there's any way I could handle 3 kids.