Monday, January 21, 2008

? for President

So, I've been hearing all of this stuff about the caucuses on NPR (and from Heidi who got to caucus this year in Iowa) and who different people, or organizations, are backing and it makes me feel like I better get behind someone quick. Then I remember that I'm not in a caucus state and I don't need to choose until November. By then all but two candidates will be gone and my decision will be much easier...hopefully. You know, when this presidential race started last year I thought that the democrats have it, easy. President Bush's ratings are so low right now that there is no way the republicans are going to win this next election. Actually, that's why this election is such a good one for choosing a woman or a black man as their candidate. But now I think it really depends on who their candidate is. I'm an independent so I could vote either way. Last election my vote was certainly swayed by the poor choice that the democrats made in John Kerry. I thought that guy was creepy. Now I hear he's supporting Obama which, sadly for Obama, brings him down quite a bit in my view. Anyway, the point is that I don't know who to support and I'm afraid that once I choose he or she will drop out of the race and I'll have to choose someone else. It's happened before.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

They actually have a caucus in Kansas so I'll get to continue my caucusing once we move. But you have to be registered democrat or republican. I think you can register for either party the day of and still vote if you have a particular candidate you want to support. Then you can always change back to independent, I think.

Suzie said...

I didn't know that. I haven't heard anything about it. Maybe I will pick a candidate then.

Gillian said...

The choices are getting slimmer by the day...three dropped out just in the past week or so. I think everything will become a lot more clear once we're down to our final candidates. Although, since WA tends to vote Democrat and I'm usually Republican, my vote gets thrown to the wolves anyhow. Sometimes I wonder why I vote at all! (insert eye roll here)