Saturday, April 19, 2008

Umm hmmm...

So, every once in a while we have to drive up to Kansas City for various things. On the drive up there is this billboard that says, "Accept Jesus Christ something something (as your Savior or something like that)--or regret it forever!" I always get a kick out of this. It's just sooo WEIRD! It may be true but it sounds so threatening. I try to imagine other peoples reactions to this sign. I always chuckle and shake my head so there must be other people who do that too. There's bound to be people who are offended or riled by it. But, is there anyone who drives by and sees "or regret it forever!" and thinks, "oh no! I better straighten up and fly right!" Has that billboard changed anyones life? I guess it's possible.

3 comments:

Janis said...

We've seen that billboard many times as well and thought some of the same things! I'm glad we don't have that sign in front of our LDS church buildings!!

Gillian said...

Hilarious! Repentance through guilt.

MaryAnn said...

There's a bumper sticker on a car we see everyday that says "Try Jesus. If you don't like Him, the devil will always take you back." Sounds logical to me.